2008-2009 DANCE TEAM

2008-2009 DANCE TEAM

SCHEDULE SUBJECT TO CHANGE

SCHEDULE SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Friday, June 27, 2008

Hello parents,

I am not checking my email everyday, I am completely in summer mode. Sorry if I have not responded quickly to any questions. But I do want to maybe help clear up some confusion. The $200.00 initial costume fee paid is to cover the cost of the costumes for the dance team and a standard participation fee for being on the dance team. These costumes that are purchased with this money will be property of BHS Dance at the end of the year. It is a flat fee to order new items, replace old items and launder all items at the end of the year. This does not include any items your child needs that will belong to them (shoes, tights, warm-ups, etc.) All of this was outlined in the BHS Dance Constitution that each child received, and everyone signed that they had read it and understood all the rule, regulations and fees. If anyone needs another copy, I will be happy to send one via email or US mail, just let me know. I will try to check my emails more frequently this summer, so if you have any questions please ask.

Connie is in charge of the money that runs through the booster club. Because Mrs. Holl and I are teachers, we are not allowed to deal with money unless it runs through the school bookkeeper, and that is a huge hassle. But, we also need a parent to take over being the president of the booster club. In the past, the president called meetings and the parents discussed the purchasing of different items or assisted making decisions involving the dancers. Our former president had a senior last year and we need someone who would be interested to take over. Let us know if you have any interest.

Okay, I also need to let you know about a few dates. Michael's photography will be taking pictures for the football program and we are going to have a few practices before freshman orientation. Below are the dates your dancer currently needs to be available.

Practice, Thursday July 24th 9:00 am - 11:00 am (The dancers will also receive the outfit, tights and shoes they will be wearing for pictures and freshman orientation.)

Photos, Friday, July 25th 9:30 am - 11:00 or 11:30 am (The pictures will be taken at this time, so be dressed and at school by 9:15, we will practice as soon as the pictures are complete.)

Practice, Thursday, July 31st 9:00 am - 10:30 am

Practice, Monday, August 4th 3:45 pm - 5:30 pm

Performance, Tuesday, August 5th (Time TBA)

Practice, Thursday, August 7th 3:45 pm - 5:30 pm

We will then practice every Monday and Thursday 3:45 - 5:30 thru the fall semester. I do not know the entire fall pep rally schedule yet, but our first pep rally should be Friday, Aug. 22 coinciding with the first football game. I will give everyone the pep rally schedule when I get one. I hope this helps you plan through the summer. Thank you for all your excitement for the upcoming year.

Angela Givens
Algebra I, Honors Statistics, and Honors Discrete Math
BHS Dance Team Sponsor
Blackman High School

No comments: